This week

Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday: Check out my last post for what happened on Monday-My first day at Island school

Tuesday: No school for me because it was teacher training. I thought it was nice that I had Tuesday off, because the first week and especially the first day at a new school is always very intense and stuff. I was at home most of the day and took it easy. I went to see '12 years a slave' it is about a slave, and it has wone a lot of Oscars. So I went to see it, but I was only in the cinema for about half an hour because I couldn't take it.  The people who has seen it know what I mean, but for the people who haven't seen it is a lot of beating and things in it, at least from what I saw in the beginning.  I don't think I would have been able to see it at home, but it is even worse at the cinema because it is very dark and the screen is big. Just to clarify I'm not saying it's not good it probably really is, but I'm just saying I could't take it. Even thought I couldn't take it and I didn't see the whole movie I can see why it has won an Oscar. When I came home again I fixed some more stuff. I for example put a photo into a frame I got for Christmas.

Wednesday: I went to school. Apparently my history teacher is Danish, so she talked a bit with me because some Danish and Swedish words are the same so that was quite fun haha. I then had Chinese. First I went to one class then they told me I had to go to another class, and then we walked there, but then it was the wrong room so we had to walk all the way back down again haha. My last lesson of day was Science, we're learning about bones and that kind of stuff. My school ended at two, so it was nice.

Thursday: I had school haha. I had math and then textiles, which I haven't had since I lived in Sweden so it was fun! We're designing a pair of shorts. Then for my three last lessons I had elements which is a course where you can choose what to do. I have language, so I have my Swedish lesson during one of the three lessons.

Friday: I went to school. My first lesson was math haha, then I had English. Then science, but I have two different science lessons. The one on Tuesday we're learning about bones and stuff as I mentioned, but in the science lesson on Friday, we're learning about acids and metals and that kind of things. Then I had French, where they had a test, which I also took because the teacher wanted to see what level of French I'm on. My last period on Friday was drama! Which was fun (not that the other lessons weren't fun, but you know what I mean) I was really happy that it was Friday, and especially because it meant that my first week was over.


No comments

Post a Comment

.. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.